Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Alt NYC 2013 :: One Story at a Time :: Scenes from NYC, June 2013


After Alt NYC, I was fortunate to get to stay in NYC for a few more days! I spent time sight-seeing, shopping, and enjoying good food and music. Here are some photos of my times as a NYC tourist and my last Alt story (that took me all summer to tell!).

Friday: I spent the day with a new friend from Alt, Nycia of She Inspires, and Allison, my friend from Denver who had just moved to NYC a couple of weeks before. My husband arrived in NYC that evening. (Chelsea, Garment District, Flatiron District, West Village)

37th St, right outside of Mood!
We had to wait 45 minutes to get in because they were "filming" (Project Runway) at Mood.
We didn't get to see any of the stars, though.

Swatch, shop dog at Mood


ABC Carpet & Home
Dinner at Piccolo Angolo in West Village
The High Line


Saturday: We spent the day walking the city, eating good food, and listening to jazz. Rudy Royston, a good friend from high school, was playing that night!
(Chelsea, Greenwich Village, SoHo, Chinatown, Nolita, Union Square, West Village)

Murray's Bagels = YUM!
Where my husband lived in the early 90's--Jones St.









Tacombi at Fonda Nolita - VW taco stand

Had to go back to Tía Pol for dinner after having been there with Atly; a delicious restaurant!

Drummer - Rudy Royston


Sunday: We attended mass, did more walking, rode the subway, and packed our bags to return home. (Chelsea, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Harlem--by accident thanks to the Sunday express subway, Central Park)





We had a fun subway adventure. . .
Adventure #1: We wanted to go from Rockefeller Center to the center of Central Park
but accidentally jumped on the express train that took us all the way to Harlem. Oops!
We didn't really get to see Harlem but we made it that far north.

Adventure #2: Here, I am coming out of the subway all by myself because a last-minute
decision to get off at 34th St didn't give my husband enough time to hop off too.
We were separated by quick-closing doors. He ended up at 23rd St and we met up at the hotel.
Now we have a fun story to tell!  
Heading to the airport.
Goodbye, NYC. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment